Saturday, April 02, 2011

B is for Boobies........



That's right. You heard me.... Boobies... Now WHY in the world you ask would I write about something like that. Well, I am encouraging all women to take care of their boobies.  My husband's mother died of breast cancer. If detected early, it can be treated successfully in most cases. 

Woman-every month you should do a self examine. My doctor suggest doing it during your menstrual cycle. BUT, make sure that you do it correctly.  If you are unsure how to self examine yourself, ask your doctor to show you.  Also, women that are over 40, high risk, or feels a lump should have a mammogram at least annually.  Don't just depend on your annual examine by doctor to detect a lump. I challenge all woman, friends and family of women to increase your aggression on taking care of your boobies.  You only have one pair. Let's do all we can to keep them and ourselves healthy.  SO.... go feel your boobies!!!!

2 comments:

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

Hi Keena, I'm glad you're in the challenge!

Yep, the b-day is coming up (as you know :0)), so that means the yearly check-up too. Doc is going to say, "You need a mammogram...you're 40." Sigh. It will be my 1st one. I'll get it, but I won't be happy about it.

Pam Williams said...

Thanks for the cute reminder, both from this post and from yesterday's. I like your sense of humor, Keena!