Saturday, December 29, 2007
Well, we did NOT sell out our condo in time. Actually, we have not sold our condo yet. What we plan to do is take the condo off the market in mid January, then wait for awhile and try it again. I'm a little disappointed but my husband and I prayed about this and we believe that it was in God's best interest for us. ALL things happen for a reason. I'm not sure what the reason is but sometimes it is not for us to understand but just to trust Him.
Posted by Keena at 11:35 PM
Thursday, December 13, 2007
I was given a challenge by a friend of mine. She challenged me to write 10 things about myself that most people do not know. It was harder than I thought, but here I go........
- I like my husband's BO. Now I know that sounds strange but he has a good smell about him. I don't mean like in his pits or anything but just in general I like the way he smells
- I do not like holidays. I am not against holidays, but I never had fun with them. I had a small family and therefore, it was just my mom and I. Then I felt torn between seeing my dad and spending time with mom. It was not fun. Now that I am married, things are changing. I am beginning to like Thanksgiving. All of his family gets together for a big dinner. It is fun
- I do not like to put away my laundry. I still have piles of loads that have been washed and dried. Some are even folded but I just can't get them into the drawers.
- I miss sleeping in on cold winter mornings and having my dog snuggle up to me.
- I like things to be even or straight. I have some OCD tendencies in me. I kinda like the guy in "Sleeping with the Enemy" , however, I am not abusive about it.
- After I shower in the mornings, I like to lay down for about 15 minutes of "cool down" time. I have done this since as far back as I can remember. Weird huh?????
- I enjoy being married. I mean I really enjoy doing things like cooking and cleaning for him and I like that he "protects, takes care of, and looks after me" . He is a great husband. I thank God for him every day.
- I have a hard time throwing things away. Cards, letters, postcards, or anything that someone has given me. I still have a beat up spoon that my dad used to use to make C-A-N-D-Y. My mom threw it away one time and I almost had a fit. I sterilized it and kept it.
- I do not like Christmas music. Refer back to #2. I always felt torn between my parents. If I was with one, I felt guilty for not being with other. When I hear Christmas music, I change the station.
- Just recently I have stopped drinking caffeine. I hope that this time it is a permanent thing. I had done it once before, but started back up. Mt Dew for me is like cigarettes for others.
Whew!!!!!! There are my ten. It was much harder than I thought. I pray that all have a safe and blessed Christmas holiday and I will " blog ya" soon
Posted by Keena at 9:13 PM
My husband and I went on a 7 day cruise for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. It was so warm and clear. It rained only one day and that was coming home so no big deal. This is one of the pics we had made. I took over 100 pictures. I love taking pictures. I want to get a web page that would contain them all....Like a web scrapbook or album.
Here is a pic of me at Grand Cayman's Is Butterfly farm. My husband had as much fun as I did. The interesting thing is that before you leave the farm you had to look in a mirror at yourself to make sure that no butterfly had landed on you. They did not what us "taking" any butterflies out of the farm.
In Mexico we went shopping on a beach!!!!!! That was different. We got some really good deals on some souvenirs. They will haggle on price. You can talk them down to almost nothing.
Our last stop was at Key West. We did an excursion called The Taste of Key West. We walked to several restaurants and had appetizers. We tried conch, dolphin, jumbo shrimp, different types of sauces, and finally we went to the Key Lime shoppe where Kermit(guy off of Food Channel) worked. Key West is certainly a party town. The following pic depicts it to a tee(or should I say bra)
Finally, I like to share the sunrise we saw as we came into Charleston. It was beautiful.
We had a great time. We are planning another cruise next year. We are going back to the Bahamas
Posted by Keena at 8:29 PM
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Good evening everyone!!!!!This has been a difficult month. Both my husband and I have had some health issues which has resulted in some financial issues. We are still trying to sell the condo. I would have some pics but my batteries have died to my camera. The past two weeks we have made some "beautifying" changes. I'm almost to the point that I want to stay in the condo rather than selling it. It is starting to look like a home rather than just a place to be. The house is coming along. I meet with the builder tomorrow. And guess his name.........BOB...... so he is BOB the builder. I just think that's funny. Isn't the kid cartoon of the construction dude named "Bob the Builder" Again, sorry for no pics. Today has been the only day I have had a chance to see the progress and I did not have my camera. Just wait until we move in. I'll be posting lots and lots of pics. My family is doing well. Our 1 year anniversary is in just a few weeks. I cannot believe that I have been married for a year(almost)!!!!!!!! It has been great. Of course, ours is not the perfect marriage but we have a great marriage. We hardly argue. We get along so well even when we disagree we respect each other. Bob and I are going on a 7 day cruise to celebrate. We leave out of Charleston on the 24th(anniversary day) and will be traveling to Key West, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman Islands. I am so excited. I will surely have pics of that. I hope all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!
Posted by Keena at 5:54 PM
Friday, October 05, 2007
My husband and I are having a house built. The foundation was laid this past week. Our challenge now is to sell the condo that we have bought this year. I am so excited about getting our 1st house. It is in a nice are by a lake. Beautiful view. I just do not like all the work trying to prepare our condo. Besides getting it ready, we are preparing for our anniversary cruise. We did not get to take a real honeymoon so the cruise in Nov. will be both honeymoon and anniversary. I love being married. I love being a wife and I pray that soon God will bless us with children. Take care and have a great weekend... I get Monday off. YEAH!!!!!
Posted by Keena at 9:36 PM
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Some of you may wonder why I chose the title It's my life. Last year, I learned a very valuable lesson. It is my life. I cannot live my life for any one but me. It was a hard lesson to learn for I tried to make everyone in my life happy but was failing at making myself happy in what I believed was right for me. You see God had brought me a wonderful man. However, we meet in an unconventional method and my family and friends could not God had spoken to me. My husbands and I relationship had been unconventional from the start. Instead of trusting what God had spoken to me, I allowed everyone affect my belief. After some time, I had to make the decision to trust God and go ahead with what I know He spoke. Now, I live what I believe. I live for God, husband, and myself. I have never been as happy as I am now. I have no regrets. I challenge each of you to live YOUR life, regardless.
Posted by Keena at 10:55 PM