Thursday, August 18, 2011

Update on Ankle/Toe.......

I went back to the doctor on Sunday to have the stitches taken out of my toe.  The dr. said that a radiologist looked at the x-rays and that all was normal.  So, she gave(not gave but will charge me and my insurance) a walking boot.  I have used it a couple of times.  I have also walked without it and its not too bad.  The swelling is still there and I am black/blue from my little toe to my heel.   Thankfully, I have not had too much pain.  I was actually able to take a "REAL" shower.  I feel human again.  I should be back to my bowling self in about 3 weeks.  At least that's what the doc says.   Now the tide has turned and my hubby is having a terrible gout attack in his heel along with some tendinitis.  AH!!   How is everyone else doing????  How has your week gone???  Would love to hear from you???

14 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I can see how a shower would make you feel Human again. It's the simple things we miss when not able to do them.

Oh No!! Hubby has GOUT!! Jeeze.... when it rains, it pours at your house. What do they do for gout?

I guess there is not much rest for you now that Hubby is having problems too.... Here is to hoping both of you GET WELL SOON!!!

anthony stemke said...

I had gout twice. Went to health food store and purchased Black Cherry Concentrate. Mixed it with water and drank some twice a day until I finished the pint bottle. The gout was gone before the product was finished.

Keena said...

@Journey, they gave him prednisone and pain meds. He is feeling better now.

@ Anthony, Thx for the tip. I will try to find some.

BARBIE said...

You must be thankful for that shower. Praying your toe is back to normal again soon.

Keena said...

@ Barbie, thx

Unknown said...

Wow, I hope all is well. I haven't heard from you in awhile, now I know why :( How is your reading going. I was so glad when you signed up. Praying for quick healing for that ankle. God Bless

Keena said...

@ Shelley, I am 8 days behind due to several factors.....BUT, I will resume on Monday!!!! Ankle is doing better but still hurts.

Debbie Dillon said...

Hello there and thank you so much for taking the time to check out my blog and comment :) I'm glad you're on the mend, and I hope your hubby feels better soon.
Many blessings,
Debbie

Keena said...

@ Debbie, Thank you for stopping by. I am feeling better....

Cynthia said...

Keena,
I will be praying for you and yours. Don't let these physical problems invade your spiritual life. I'm emailing you in a few minutes! Blessings!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Wow, hope you're feeling better soon.
www.rebeccabany.com

Susan Kane said...

I had to wear one of those boots for a few weeks. Sooo glad it is off. Hope you heal soon and well.

Spenc said...

Sometimes it seems that if it's not one thing it's another, hang in there. Hopefully you will both be back to normal soon.

Pam Williams said...

Glad things are at least on the mend for you, Keena. Hope Hubby feels better again real soon.
Blessings on you and yours!
Pam at www.2encourage.blogspot.com