Monday, August 08, 2011

Klutz Award.......

Friday I was brilliant.....I was standing on a step to pour out water from my cooler.  I tried to turn around to go back into the house and misplaced my foot and BAM! I was on the ground.  Well, I knew that I had hurt myself pretty seriously.  My husband came out and found my lying on the ground.  He helped my up and took me to an Urgent Care Facility.  Long story short: I fractured my ankle, broke my little toe, tried to lose the toe( dr had to put in six stitches to stop the bleeding. I think the skin and muscle torn when the tow bent back), scraped my knee pretty badly.  I still have scrapes and scratches on my toes, legs, and elbow.  The intersting thing is that my knee with the big scrape hurts worse than the fractured ankle. My ankle is wrapped and I have to see an orthopedic doctor in ten days.  The best part of all this is I get to walk on crutches.  YAY!!!!  Can you hear my sarcasm?? However, I truly thank God that I didn't get hurt any worse that I what I did.   I was able to borrow a wheelchair so I am still able to go to my family reunion in WV. 
     I have been elavating my ankle as much as possible.  I try to ice it 2-3 times daily and I try not to put any weight on my ankle at all.  Acouple of times I have lost my balance and ended up using the hurt foot to keep me from falling yet again.  The dr has me on antibodics since I have the gash on my leg.  I am a diabetic and they dont want me getting an infection.  I also have an antibodic ointment to put on my leg 2x daily.   So I am trying to do alll that the dr told me to.
     My mom and husband have both been wonderful in helping me.  They have been waiting on me hand over foot.   They have been great.  It is a bit of an inconvenience not to be able to use this foot but I am hoping that the orthopedic will put a boot on and I can a least walk on my own.
     I feel like such a big klutz for falling but I guess even the best have bad day HUH???
     Have you ever did something that made you feel like a klutz??? I would love to hear your stories!!!!

8 comments:

bekajune said...

I have permanent scars on both my knees from all the bicycle wrecks I had as a kid...some of the wounds probably should have had stiches, but I never got any...I know it's a safety issue now with kids being strongly encouraged to wear helmets and pads, but even with all the injuries, I'm glad we didn't have to be so careful in the days when we grew up! remember metal swing sets! good times!

bekajune said...

also, throughout my life I have broken the same toe 3 different times from running into things!

Spenc said...

I tore a ligament in my ankle falling down two steps because of the way I twisted it as I fell. I also broke my little toe by kicking grass that was raised above the side walk.

BARBIE said...

Ouch! I hope it heals quickly. Several years ago I went on a missions trip to Honduras. We stopped on the road to look at some items that a gal was selling and I was so excited I literally fell off the bus. The worst part was I had a skirt on and I am sure the road side clientele and those on the bus got quite a view!

Eat To Live said...

Oh Jeeze Keena, that is awful. I hope you are a fast healer.

Last week must of been the week for hurting our feet because I hurt my foot too. Nothing was broken but it really hurt when it happened.
http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2011/08/ouch-i-stubbed-or-broke-my-toe-and-foot.html#comments

Get better soon and off those darned crutches.

Eat To Live said...

By the way, I signed up for your emails so I don't miss a post like I did this one.

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

Well, speaking of klutz...on Saturday I fell coming off a step. I dropped Gillian off at a pool party and the last step off into grass rolled downward into a rough cinderblock. Yep, that is where my foot went. I got some nice cuts/scraps. The poor mother of the b-day girl had to get out her first aid kit and doctor me up. I'm still a little sore, but I'm in better shape than you.

Here is what's funny. We just got back from camping. I spent a whole week of hiking up mountains by waterfalls and didn't get hurt once. Go figure!

Tori Cooper said...

oh no... that was one serious fall. I'm glad to hear that you have support and help... can't think of any klutzy moments, although I know I've had them.