Friday, August 26, 2011

Bible in 90 days Update......

BEHIND!!!!   That is the word.  I am so far behind that its not even funny any more.  First, I fell.  Second, I went out of town.  Thirdly,  I crashed when I got back in town.  Lastly, I have not felt well a couple of days last week and didn't read, plus the fact that I started 4 days later than every one else.  BUT, I will continue to read.  It has renewed my mind set on the things of God rather on my worldly cares.  It is bringing me closer to God than I thought it would.  I have made a decision.  I don't care if I finish in the 90 days or if it takes me 190.  I am going to read until I finish the entire bible REGARDLESS.  Then I may start all over again.  I have begun enjoying my time in the Word like never before.  It has become a part of my daily life and I like that.  I encourage every one to try this challenge of reading the entire bible.  It certainly has changed my life, but then again- God's Word is life changing.   May you have a blessed week in the Lord!!!

5 comments:

Eat To Live said...

You have really had a rough August. Lets hope September turns things around for you!!

Years ago... many years ago. I decided I was going to read the whole bible clear through. I don't remember how far I got but I know I didn't finish it.

Susan Kane said...

August is so awful on many levels. Don't worry--the Bible will be waiting for you, and you'll catch up!

Cynthia said...

You can do it! I did this several years ago and it was eye-opening for me. I still read every day! Blessings!

BARBIE said...

Life happens and it's hard to keep up at times. I am glad you are going to keep going. I have always wanted to do that challenge, but am afraid I would mess up!

Petra said...

Behind but not giving up. Now that's encouraging! Blessings!