Saturday, December 29, 2007
Well, we did NOT sell out our condo in time. Actually, we have not sold our condo yet. What we plan to do is take the condo off the market in mid January, then wait for awhile and try it again. I'm a little disappointed but my husband and I prayed about this and we believe that it was in God's best interest for us. ALL things happen for a reason. I'm not sure what the reason is but sometimes it is not for us to understand but just to trust Him.
Posted by Keena at 11:35 PM
Thursday, December 13, 2007
I was given a challenge by a friend of mine. She challenged me to write 10 things about myself that most people do not know. It was harder than I thought, but here I go........
- I like my husband's BO. Now I know that sounds strange but he has a good smell about him. I don't mean like in his pits or anything but just in general I like the way he smells
- I do not like holidays. I am not against holidays, but I never had fun with them. I had a small family and therefore, it was just my mom and I. Then I felt torn between seeing my dad and spending time with mom. It was not fun. Now that I am married, things are changing. I am beginning to like Thanksgiving. All of his family gets together for a big dinner. It is fun
- I do not like to put away my laundry. I still have piles of loads that have been washed and dried. Some are even folded but I just can't get them into the drawers.
- I miss sleeping in on cold winter mornings and having my dog snuggle up to me.
- I like things to be even or straight. I have some OCD tendencies in me. I kinda like the guy in "Sleeping with the Enemy" , however, I am not abusive about it.
- After I shower in the mornings, I like to lay down for about 15 minutes of "cool down" time. I have done this since as far back as I can remember. Weird huh?????
- I enjoy being married. I mean I really enjoy doing things like cooking and cleaning for him and I like that he "protects, takes care of, and looks after me" . He is a great husband. I thank God for him every day.
- I have a hard time throwing things away. Cards, letters, postcards, or anything that someone has given me. I still have a beat up spoon that my dad used to use to make C-A-N-D-Y. My mom threw it away one time and I almost had a fit. I sterilized it and kept it.
- I do not like Christmas music. Refer back to #2. I always felt torn between my parents. If I was with one, I felt guilty for not being with other. When I hear Christmas music, I change the station.
- Just recently I have stopped drinking caffeine. I hope that this time it is a permanent thing. I had done it once before, but started back up. Mt Dew for me is like cigarettes for others.
Whew!!!!!! There are my ten. It was much harder than I thought. I pray that all have a safe and blessed Christmas holiday and I will " blog ya" soon
Posted by Keena at 9:13 PM
My husband and I went on a 7 day cruise for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. It was so warm and clear. It rained only one day and that was coming home so no big deal. This is one of the pics we had made. I took over 100 pictures. I love taking pictures. I want to get a web page that would contain them all....Like a web scrapbook or album.
Here is a pic of me at Grand Cayman's Is Butterfly farm. My husband had as much fun as I did. The interesting thing is that before you leave the farm you had to look in a mirror at yourself to make sure that no butterfly had landed on you. They did not what us "taking" any butterflies out of the farm.
In Mexico we went shopping on a beach!!!!!! That was different. We got some really good deals on some souvenirs. They will haggle on price. You can talk them down to almost nothing.
Our last stop was at Key West. We did an excursion called The Taste of Key West. We walked to several restaurants and had appetizers. We tried conch, dolphin, jumbo shrimp, different types of sauces, and finally we went to the Key Lime shoppe where Kermit(guy off of Food Channel) worked. Key West is certainly a party town. The following pic depicts it to a tee(or should I say bra)
Finally, I like to share the sunrise we saw as we came into Charleston. It was beautiful.
We had a great time. We are planning another cruise next year. We are going back to the Bahamas
Posted by Keena at 8:29 PM